Currently listing 184 recipes in 67 categories!Latest Recipes
Made with Vita-Pakt #940 Seville Orange Juice Concentrate
1 pound shrimp (16 to 20 pieces), peeled and de-veined
1 large ripe but firm tomato or 2 to 3 ripe plum tomatoes
1 small white onion
2 jalapeņo chilies
2 ripe avocados
1/4 cup Vita-Pakt Lime Juice #303
1/2 cup Vita-Pakt #940 Seville Orange Juice Concentrate (reconstituted)
1 tablespoon sugar
Salt to taste
Hot pepper sauce & ketchup to taste (optional)
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
1. Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil. Add shrimp, turn off heat, and blanch for 1 1/2 minutes.
2. Remove immediately from water with wire-mesh strainer and transfer to an ice bath to cool. Drain shrimp thoroughly and place in a glass or pottery mixing bowl.
3. Cut tomato and onion in half. Preheat a well-seasoned griddle or heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Place tomato, onion, chilies on griddle and roast 6 to 8 minutes, turning with tongs to lightly brown all sides.
4. Seed and chop tomato and peel and chop onion.
5. Place chilies in a closed paper bag for a few minutes to steam, then using a small sharp knife, peel them and remove and discard stem ribs and seeds and chop.
6. Place chopped ingredients, fruit juices and sugar in blender or food processor and puree until smooth.
7. Season to taste with salt, pepper sauce, and ketchup. Pour marinade over the shrimp and toss. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or up to 8 hours.
8. Before serving, toss the Ceviche with avocado and cilantro. Transfer to serving plates.
This recipe currently has 0 pictures.
This recipe currently has 0 comments. Add your own comment in the right hand menu.
Rate this Recipe: Comment on this Recipe:
For spam prevention, enter code:
Other Recipes in this Category:
Recipe Cloud Tags:
Thank you, your comments will be reviewed shortly!