Currently listing 184 recipes in 67 categories!Latest Recipes
1/4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
1/2 tsp. oregano
1/2 tsp. cumin
2 cloves garlic, crushed
3/4 tsp. Kosher salt
1/2 tsp. fresh ground black pepper
Juice of 1 orange
2 limes juiced
4 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil, divided
2 pounds turkey breasts or thighs, skin removed
1. Mash cilantro, spices, garlic, salt and pepper to create paste. Mix paste with citrus juices, and 2 tablespoons olive oil. Put marinade in sealable plastic bag and add turkey. Marinate for at least 2 hours. Don’t marinate overnight – this may be too long for turkey and cause it to be tough or grainy.
2. For gas grill, clean grill rack. Set burners to high and close lid. Grill temperature should be about 500 degrees. Use indirect method by turning off burners directly beneath turkey and turning burners on either side to medium to low when cooking. For charcoal grills, use same technique, separating coals to create indirect heat.
3. Once fire is ready, remove excess marinade and place turkey parts on grill and cook for about 30 minutes. Turn over and brush with remaining olive oil.
4. Continue this process–turning, basting and grilling. Total cooking time is roughly 12 minutes per pound of turkey. Use meat thermometer.
5. Breast meat should be at 170 degrees and dark meat should be at 180 degrees.
6. Whether you use a gas or charcoal grill, keep lid closed as much as possible to maintain heat.
7. Cover turkey with foil and set aside for 5 minutes, then serve.
Makes 6 servings.
This recipe currently has 0 pictures.
This recipe currently has 0 comments. Add your own comment in the right hand menu.
Rate this Recipe: Comment on this Recipe:
For spam prevention, enter code:
Other Recipes in this Category:
No Recipes - Check Back LaterRecipe Cloud Tags:
Thank you, your comments will be reviewed shortly!