Currently listing 184 recipes in 67 categories!Latest Recipes
Made with Vita-Pakt #40 Seville Short Shredded Peel and Juice
1 large onion, peeled and chopped
1 or more cloves garlic, chopped
4 teaspoons olive oil
2 small hot chillies (fresh, if available) seeded and finely chopped
1 red or green sweet pepper, seeded, sliced and chopped
1 stick celery chopped or chunk of celery root, chopped (this adds a nice flavor)
2 medium tomatoes, chopped
2 or 3 yams or sweet potatoes, washed, scrubbed and cut into small cubes (peel, before cubing , if you prefer)
1 cup Vita-Pakt Product # 40 Seville Short Shredded Peel and Juice
1 small can tomato paste
2 cups water
1 bay leaf
1 teaspoon turmeric
more spice to taste: if you like the flavor/aroma, 1 teaspoon cumin or 1/4 teaspoon allspice
dash of salt or salt substitute
Freshly ground pepper to taste
garnish with chopped watercress or fresh parsley, basil, sage or other herbs
1. In a large heavy saucepan, saute the onion and garlic over low heat in the olive oil until the onion is translucent.
2. Add the chilies and chopped tomatoes and sweet peppers, and cook the mixture for about 5 minutes.
3. Add the yams or sweet potatoes, Seville orange juice and peel, water, bayleaf and spices.
4. Bring the soup to a boil, immediately reduce the heat, and simmer for 20-30 minutes or until the yams or sweet potatoes are soft. Taste, add
pepper and salt and adjust spices to taste.
5. Eat hot as is (texture of a stew).
6. Or allow the soup to cool, mash the cubes of cooked yam into the liquid soup or puree the soup in a blender or pass the soup through a food mill. Return the soup to a pan and heat gently. Sprinkle with herbs before serving.
This recipe currently has 0 pictures.
This recipe currently has 0 comments. Add your own comment in the right hand menu.
Rate this Recipe: Comment on this Recipe:
For spam prevention, enter code:
Other Recipes in this Category:
Recipe Cloud Tags:
Thank you, your comments will be reviewed shortly!